[OSGeo-Discuss] NASA Earth Science Geo-format session - October 21

Allan Doyle afdoyle at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 15 12:14:34 EDT 2008

October 21 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM - Presentation & Discussion
October 22 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM - Poster & Demo Session

We're organizing a presentation & discussion session on use of Geo-
formats in Earth Science Data Systems at the upcoming ESDSWG Meetings
in Philadelphia.

The NASA Earth Science Data Systems Working Groups (ESDSWG - http://www.esdswg.net/)
  are meeting in Philadelphia, October 21-23. This is a working
meeting including the Standards Process Group (SPG) and Technology
Infusion Working Group.

At the recent ESIP Federation Meetings at UNH in July we held a KML/
GeoRSS BOF to gauge interest in the topic and the response was
overwhelming.

Now we're organizing a session to invite people together to present
how they are using these formats in their work. Our goal is to (a)
learn more about how the formats are being used, and to what extent,
and (b) to encourage people to submit Tech Notes to the our standards
process.

Please respond directly to Allan Doyle (afdoyle at mit.edu) with any
questions or if you wish to attend. We'd like to encourage anyone who
comes to present, but if you'd like to come and participate without
presenting, that's fine, too.

We hope to be able to set the agenda so people can come for the
afternoon of the 21st without needing to stay overnight (Philadelphia
is under 5 hours from Washington, New York, Boston...)

There are also some poster session/demo slots on October 22 that
people might be interested in.

Overall Meeting info, hotel registration, etc: http://www.harris.com/esdswg/Default.asp