[OSGeo-Discuss] projects overview?

Lee Breisacher leeb at linkline.com
Thu Sep 18 10:42:34 EDT 2008

Hi. I'm new to OSGeo and geospatial software in general (but certainly
not new to software development). I would like to know if there is a
single overview somewhere that summarizes and "ties together" the
various OSGeo projects. I have visited the sites of each of the projects
listed on the OSGeo home page, but I have not found anything that shows
how the various projects are related, what data structures they might
have in common, what overlaps there might be in functionality, what
overlaps there might be in developers, etc.

I'm a developer and would like to become involved, but I'm not sure
where to start. An overview would be quite helpful.

Thanks,

Lee