[OSGeo-Discuss] projects overview?

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Thu Sep 18 18:35:30 EDT 2008

The quick answer is they are all related by being open source and by
being spatial :-)

In general we try and encourage the use of standards (to share data
between running systems) or even just the use of common file formats
etc... but this is not a requirement.
There are overlaps in functionality; which is considered a good thing in
order to offer you choice.

What are you interested in as a developer? There are plenty of projects
that would love your enthusiasm (and time).
Jody