[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoFOSS LiveDVD - test it before we burn it

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 01:58:46 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Mark Leslie <mrk.leslie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whoops.  The mapserver.bash script is one I put together to load some
> configuration settings into Stefans development image.  It should have
> been deleted before making the image.  No major harm in it, but it will
> delete the Mapserver icon from your desktop :)
>
> Did you find the 'experience' was adequate with only 512 RAM?

Overall, I think its quite OK on a 512 RAM, though my mouse is a
little bit clunky probably due to my virtualbox settings.  I
intentionally configured it with a small RAM, so we can guarantee its
running on most machines.  I'll test it in another PC with a much
smaller RAM (256?).

The DVD is just in time for an upcoming conference I will attend.  Not
entirely geospatial, but  might be worthwhile sharing and discussing
OSGE stacks during coffee breaks.

cheers,
maning