[OSGeo-Discuss] help help main project

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 01:09:31 EDT 2008

On 9/30/08, Mohammed Rashad <rashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> i want to do my btech final year computer science main project  on GIS
> please help
> i don't know where to start. what is actually gis how it can be used in main
> project
> if u can  please suggest a good topic based on GIS

Why don't you first search for "GIS" on the internet, find links that
teach about the basics of GIS, read them and learn more about it. Once
you do so, you will yourself figure out how to use it in your "main
project" and will be able to choose a "good topic based on GIS."

Until then, you are better off not using for your "main project"
something that you have no idea about.