[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G LiveCD

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 10 01:12:22 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:27 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding to Mark's comments,
> Our intent is to try and compliment and work with existing packaging efforts
> rather than compete with them. From our digging around, it seems that prior
> LiveCD efforts are not being maintained any more. (Please correct me if I'm
> wrong).

I take liberty to correct you:
http://grass.osgeo.org/download/cdrom.php
at least also
- slaxGIS
- ArcheOS

and the aforementioned Ominiverdi CDROM are up to date.

> We are focusing initially on packaging the java stack as we felt this could
> benefit the most from a little attention,

While this is fine, the title of your LiveCD should reflect this to minimize
confusion. "FOSS4G LiveCD" sounds like "all included incl C/C++ stack" to me.

Best
Markus