[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G LiveCD

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 10 21:59:21 PDT 2008

Hi Cameron, all,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm very excited to hear Markus and Lorenzo correct me and tell me that
> GeoFOSS packaging is live and well.
>
> And yes, we would be delighted to work with you, building upon your work
> rather than starting again from scratch.
>
> The success of a packaging project will come from a strong community.
>
> We have been planning to create a simple live CD (based upon Debian or
> Ubuntu) for the Java stack - something that we think we could achieve.
>
> But if there are others working on this as well, together we could make
> something more ambitious for foss4g2008.
>
> Who is interested and what timezones are we in?
> LISAsoft is in Sydney, Australia.
> Markus and Lorenzo are in Europe?

Yes.
I'll be in Cape Town but have to take the plane on 4 Oct.

> How about we meet on IRC #osgeo on Friday: 5pm Sydney, 9am in Europe?

Not sure if I am already operative then :) but no problem, I have never
made a LiveCD myself... So please keep this timing if it suites most.

Ah, I now see the 4th suggested: me = plane, but n.prob.

Markus