[OSGeo-Discuss] Projects at FOSS4G

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed Sep 10 23:00:13 PDT 2008

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> I'm curious about how many different projects (OSGeo and others) will be
> represented at FOSS4G by speakers, workshops, etc. Rather than wade
> through the presentation listing, I thought I'd be lazy and ask here.
>
> If you know that your project(s) are going to be represented there,
> could you drop me a note?  Just let me know in general how many folks
> from it will be there.  If there are enough people around we could
> arrange times for people to "meet your project" at the OSGeo booth.
>
> It would also help to know if your project has plans to bring flyers or
> brochures to hand out at the booth.  The OSGeo Marketing Committee is
> arranging to have some overview brochures.
>
> Also, all projects and committees are welcome to do a brief talk at the
> Annual General Meeting.[1]  It had great turnout last year and was very
> informative!  Just sign up if you want to talk or add an item to the
> list for debate/discussion during the meeting.
>
> Tyler
>
> [1] AGM: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2008

Tyler,
I will probably be the only one representing the Mapbender project at FOSS4G as the Intergeo runs parallel. It is a 15,000+ visitors Germany-based GIS trade fair and all and everybody in Europe seems to be going there as it is the place to spend money. As I also have to attend to a small WhereGroup booth at FOSS4G and will try to fulfill my new job as president showing up at the OSGeo booth at the same it would be just perfect if you could arrange to have the WhereGroup booth nearby. It guess it is only a banner anyway. Then I can also answer questions regarding Mapbender, give out brochures and show it live. I know this sounds like taking advantage of being president and it probably is - which is why I send it to discuss so that all can see what a mean advantage seeking business mucker I am. Hehe.

Best regards,
Arnulf.