[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoFOSS LiveDVD - test it before we burn it

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Tue Sep 23 18:58:58 PDT 2008

Mark,  Please don't let that cutoff slip.  How long will your upload
take?  I've got to start a download as soon as it's finished (note to
self- I wonder if I can start slurping shortly after you start
uploading?  Is there an rsync daemon on the server?  That might make it
quicker).  I'm taking a hard copy with me in case the duplication house
has issues with the download size (they've flagged this yesterday as the
size has grown a bit).  I'll be leaving tomorrow at lunchtime, so that's
cutting it fine as is.

If there is anyone already in Cape Town on a fast link who can download
in a timely manner, please drop me a line.  I prefer to have more
contingency plans ;-)

Regards,
Tim
On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 09:04 +1000, Mark Leslie wrote:
> Lorenzo,
> That would be much appreciated, and I'll get the mapfile in right away.
> We are planning on starting to build the 'final' image this afternoon,
> so we've got an effective cutoff of 3pm AEST.  Anything you can get in
> before then we'll be sure to add.
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=24&year=2008&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=240>
>
> I've put together a quick, and not especially impressive, mapfile and
> cgi template using some australian data, so that will be in there as
> well, but the cgi interface doesn't look too impressive.
>
> --
> Mark Leslie
> Geospatial Software Architect
> LISAsoft

> Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
> Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009
>
> LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
> http://www.ardec.com.au
> http://www.lisasoft.com
> http://www.terrapages.com
>

> Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> > I've made a mapfile to show mapserver with the Alaska dataset:
> > http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc:mapfile_for_mapserver#WMS_calls
> >
> > what time is the deadline to close the final ISO?
> > If I have time I'll try, on Wednesday, to do a zip file containing:
> > * a home page for localhost with links to:
> > ** Mapserver WMS getCapabilities, getMap, getLegend
> > ** a page with OpenLayers showing available layers
> > ** geoserver demos
> >
> > ciao
> > lorenzo
> >

> > Tim Bowden wrote:
> >> I'm planning on using the live-DVD to load the OSGeo booth PC.  If
> >> anyone wants to take advantage of the provided stack for loading some
> >> demos, please drop me a line.  The plan atm is to have the PC wired to
> >> the local lan, so it can offer web services etc locally if it is set up
> >> in time.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Tim Bowden

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.