[OSGeo-Discuss] What usually your local chapter exhibit in a conference?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Apr 13 03:02:09 EDT 2009

To get you started, you'll want to get an Exhibition Pack, these are the
basic items to setup an exhibit.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack

You'll also want to make a wiki page for your event like:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/CGS_2008
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AAG_2009
These pages will also give you an idea of what you can hand out and what
to have at the booth.

Next you'll want to print some materials, there's a whole bunch to
choose from in the OSGeo svn.
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/
You'll want to look in Marketing and maybe the Journal.

At our latest event we ran a Live DVD for demo purposes but mostly
handed out a general brochure and talked with people about what they do
and what OSGeo software might be useful to them.
In hindsite, we should of had a copy of the OSGeo Journal printed, and
buttons would have been nice.

Hope that's enough to get you started, you should probably have someone
from your team join the marketing committee mailing list to talk about
your event, ask questions and get some more ideas.

Enjoy,
Alex
California Chapter