[OSGeo-Discuss] Geodata Licensing Working_Group wiki page is German LC Wiki page ?

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Thu Apr 2 01:14:57 PDT 2009

Le Thursday 02 April 2009 10:06:14 Judit Mays, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Yves
>
> I have no idea why this is the case, but for some reason or other the
> Geodata_Licensing_Working_Group gets redirected to the German local
> chapter page (D-A-CH)
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Geodata_Licensing_Working_Group&redir
>ect=no
>
> on a very quick scroll through that page I couldn't identify anything
> connected to Licensing.
>
> Greetings,
> Judit
>
> Jacolin Yves schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't understand this page, even with the help of Google Translator
> > [1].
> >
> > The link in [2] tells me that this page is "A Geodata Licensing Working
> > Group to look into parallel licensing developments and to consult on
> > guidelines for open licenses for geodata." in "Working group" section.
> > Its title tells me this is a right page, but all is wrote in german and
> > google translator show me a German Local chapter wiki page.
> >
> > Does the content of this wiki page move so much that its title need to be
> > changed? Do you know where is the new wiki content of this working group?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Y.
> > [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geodata_Licensing_Working_Group
> > [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Public_Geospatial_Data_Project

Hi Judit,

This help me a lot! thanks :). It seems that "Redirect fixer" user changed the
redirection to "DASH". The one before this change was this link:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geodata_Licensing see history of the page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Geodata_Licensing_Working_Group&action=history

Jo Walsh was the last editor before "Redirect fixer". "Redirect fixer" seems
to be a bot ;)

Do we need to remove last change? I think we have to.

thanks,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin