[OSGeo-Discuss] What usually your local chapter exhibit in a conference?

Sanghee Shin endofcap at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:49:27 PDT 2009

Hi all,

First of all, we, Korean Chapter, held the first regular meeting of this
year at the end of last month as a special session of KSRS(Korean Society of
Remote Sensing) spring conference.  That was a very nice & successful
meeting and we attracted much interest from many attendants from all over
the Korea. We presented 5 papers and more than 17 members of our local
chapter attended there.

Anyway, this time, we'll attend spring conference of GISAK(GIS Association
of Korea) as a exhibitor to promote our activities & FOSS4G, which will be
held at the end of this month. Since it's our first time exhibition, we
don't have many idea on what we should exhibit, how to show FOSS4G and so
on.

So, would you please share your experiences of exhibition in your region to
make our first ever exhibition successful? What do you usually exhibit in a
conference? Just hand out paper materials? Or do you have any good idea or
experiences to market FOSS4G effectively to students, profs and researchers?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--
Sanghee Shin