[OSGeo-Discuss] How about an OSGeo Credit Card?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 3 14:36:05 EDT 2009

Robert Hollingsworth wrote:
> How about an OSGEO Group Health Insurance plan,
> for those of "US" who live in primitive countries that lack
> comprehensive national health care programs (and are
> likely to stay that way despite the best efforts by some
> in our federal legislative bodies)
>
> REH

Steve / Robert,

I *suspect* the affinity card is US only and that we would likely thus have
a fairly modest uptake.  I'm not too sure how serious the group health
comment was, but likewise I assume it would be US only and hard to justify
a great deal of organizational effort for limited uptake.

If it wasn't for the balkanization of the global financial system, I would
be tempted by the idea of an OSGeo affinity card.  Certainly nicer than my
current "GM" affinity card.

Best regards,