[OSGeo-Discuss] OWS Common Python Server. Guidance Required

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 10:13:11 EDT 2009

WRT " ... the language battle ...":  Let me plead my case here for including
PHP, not at all on the basis of the language's inherent merits, but rather
in helping gain the widest possible interest, including a selfish motive.

Of the users of the OSS CAD package we''ve put out there, a fair proportion
have limited tech chops and have installed a web server pack (often
WAMP/LAMP/MAMP) for the first time.  We've worked at limiting the stack
height for their benefit, since these folks aren't cartographers or
researchers.  I want to move from the current GMaps base to OSGeo, and the
implementation language issue will be a significant one in our doing so.

Thanks all,

AS