[OSGeo-Discuss] Patent for feature of paper map.

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Wed Aug 5 12:53:46 EDT 2009

The latest issue of the ACSM Bulletin had an interesting article about a
map matrix that wraps around the edge of a paper map. It seems the
company that is using this feature of hard copy map design is applying
for a patent. I didn't even think you could get a patent a feature of a
paper map. It got me wondering who holds the patent on the use of a
north arrow and scale.

At any rate, here is the article if you are interested in reading it:

http://www.webmazine.org/issues/current/documents/wrap.pdf

I couldn't find the patent application, or I would have posted a link to
it. Let me know if you have any comments.

Landon

Warning: