[OSGeo-Discuss] Options for sharing geodata symbology along with WFS?

Raj Singh raj at rajsingh.org
Fri Aug 14 14:52:41 EDT 2009

SLD is usually thought of in conjunction with WMS because you don't
see the effect of the styling until you make a map. But it certainly
applies to WFS just as well in a situation like Chris mentions with
Openlayers, where the client software is doing the portrayal.

In addition to this:
Styled Layer Descriptor
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/sld

you will also want to look at this:
Feature Styling IPR version 0.4.1 found at:
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/dp

---
Raj