[OSGeo-Discuss] Options for sharing geodata symbology along with WFS?

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Fri Aug 14 15:26:57 EDT 2009

Thanks again for providing more details.

> SLD is a language; at least some non-WMS tools can read SLD, and style
> WFS vectors according to it. (OpenLayers can do this; I'm sure that

Excellent. In that case, SLD will do it for us (the web map is
MapFish/OpenLayers). :-)

> Hm, I guess my question was unclear; I was curious what software you were
> using for WMS/WFS.

To serve WMS and WFS, to make a long story short, because we use a very
weird, and unused anywhere else, format for meteorological data, we
coded our own WMS server and are in the process of coding its WFS
counterpart. That WMS/WFS server shares the same codebase than our open
source virtual globe SPI
(http://eer.cmc.ec.gc.ca/index_e.php?page=s_software/spi/spi_e.html )
which connects to GDAL/OGR, GEOS and even some GRASS GIS commands.

Thanks Christopher!
(Thanks also to Yves and Raj for your replies)

Solution found. Cheers,

Alex