[OSGeo-Discuss] Options for sharing geodata symbology along with WFS?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:33:20 EDT 2009

Register your SymbologyEncoding documents in an OGC catalog and search
for them by FeatureType name (make sure to use the FeatureType
hierarchy so your styles can be arranged from general to specific). Or
go low tech and set up an ftp site with a directory of styles for each
featuretype...

Finally you can publish out styles using WMS; and the layer
description for a wms layer can tell you which wfs service has the
same data in raw form...

Jody