[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo friendly countries to live in

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Aug 18 06:13:57 EDT 2009

Andrew,

Well, I can't upload them in the wiki last week-end as the zip extension is
forbidden, but I can send them to anyone who want ;)

I will send them to you in csv format in few hours (~ 6), I can put all sql
files in the comrpessed file if needed.

Regards,

Y.
Le Tuesday 18 August 2009 12:08:44 Andrew Turner, vous avez écrit :
> Is the data available?
>
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Cameron
>
> Shorter<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yves Jacolin has sliced FOSS4G <http://2009.foss4g.org/> website hits to
> > determine the number of FOSS4G attendees per million people, broken down
> > by country. From this, you can get a feeling for the most OSGeo tolerant
> > populations in the world (distorted around Australia due to the
> > conference location).
> >
> > So what can we learn?
> >
> >   * Japan and Mongolia are the place be in Asia
> >   * Chilli is the place to be in Latin America
> >   * Canada looks preferable to the US. I wonder how much the Canadian
> >     GeoConnections program is responsible for Canada's strong OSGeo
> >     industry.
> >   * There is a lot of interest across Europe, so FOSS4G 2010 should be
> >     a crowded event.
> >   * Africa seems to have learned all they need to know when FOSS4G
> >     attended Johannesburg last year, and won't be heading to Australia
> >     in force.
> >

> > You can view the maps here:
> > http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2009/08/osgeo-friendly-countries-to-li
> >ve-in.html
> >
> > and in French on Yves blog:
> > http://georezo.net/blog/geolibre/2009/08/16/geolocalisation-des-visite-du
> >-site-foss4g-2009/
> >
> > --
> > Cameron Shorter
> > Geospatial Systems Architect
> > Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
> > Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
> >
> > Think Globally, Fix Locally
> > Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
> > http://www.lisasoft.com

Yves Jacolin

Ne demandez pas si vous pouvez contribuer, contribuez ! :)
---
http://softlibre.gloobe.org