[OSGeo-Discuss] Examples of Opposition to Open Source/Open File Formats in the United States

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 21 04:47:22 EDT 2009

Landon Blake schrieb:
> It looks like I might have ruffled a few feathers with my earlier post

Landon,
please keep it up, it is advocacy at its best. As you said before, this
is the OSGeo mailing list.

Would you care to also add some of your thoughts and ideas backed up
with reference links (just link from the mailing list archives) to the
OSGeo Wiki? It provides an easy way to reference and disseminate our
activities wrt advocating Open Source Geospatial and is easily indexed
by search engines.

There is also a dedicated category in the Wiki to tag and organize pages
with explicit advocacy content. Most of the pages there are currently
focused on Open Source, Free Software and some on Business Models. Pages
related to Open Standards and Formats are still missing and would round
of the topic really well.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Advocacy
and
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Advocacy