[OSGeo-Discuss] Open File FormatsandProprietaryAlgorithms[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Fri Aug 21 14:57:35 EDT 2009

Ivan,

Ignoring the danger that this thread will devolve into a discussion about different raster formats, I will ask you for some specifics.

What are the limitations of Geotiff/JPEG compared with the proprietary alternatives?

Maybe we need to cook up a "Guide To Raster Data File Formats for Storage and Distribution of Public Data". :]

Landon
Office Phone Number: (209) 946-0268
Cell Phone Number: (209) 992-0658