[OSGeo-Discuss] Quick hello and request for assistance finding Open Source

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Dec 3 15:25:47 PST 2009

Simon,

You might want to look at PostGIS. It is a GIS extension to the
posgresql database. There are windows installers for it. There is a
shapefile loaded and dumper, so you can easily load a shapefiles into
tables then do SQL queries with geospatial function. The postgis support
list has a bunch of very sharp people that can help you get started
doing the queries that you need to generate you results.

-Steve W