[OSGeo-Discuss] OpenScales 1.1

Bouiaw bouiaw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:16:03 PST 2009

Hi,

First, you may be interested by my answer on a similar remark on
OpenLayer mailing list :
http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2009-December/015375.html

2 additional points :
 - Your example is a bit specific. Our users or customers are not all
Open Source projects. They are usually organizations or companies that
are building applications with a full Open Source stack in order to
keep control on that.
 - There is no self contradiction in doing what we do. Look at Java
and Open Source software, they have build the most successful Open
Source community ever on a runtime that was not open source !
Communities like Apache have built one of the best Open Source
software stack, with no real fully compatible open source runtime. And
now java is open source ...

Regards,
Bouiaw