[OSGeo-Discuss] multipatch shapefile FIRST_RING structure

Rushforth, Peter Peter.Rushforth at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon Jan 26 11:28:53 PST 2009

Frank,

> I would not expect to do the analysis in 3D as for my
> purposes I am only interested in 2.5D geometry sets.  I
> believe multipatch files are normally used to represent TINs
> which can be safely analysed in 2D, and the Z values just
> carried along.

I guess I'm getting worked up over nothing then.  I can just use
the magic of JTS to sort things out for me :).  Watching out for
spaghetti, of course.

Cheers,
Peter