[OSGeo-Discuss] Mapguide 2.0/Maestro/MySQL 6.0 - need help getting started - no schema seen in layer

Rajeev Singh rajeev at ipssi.com
Tue Jul 14 06:28:05 PDT 2009

We are trying to use Mapguide 2.0.2 & MySQL 6.0 and are not able to get
started. Saw a post by Kenneth and Stefan and tried using that - but still
no luck.

Here is what we are testing:
1) created a sample table in test database. For eg.
  create table geom (g gemometry);
2)In the datasource in maestro we ultimately  set the following through XML
(using the info from another mail on the list)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
  <Provider>OSGeo.MySQL</Provider>
  <Parameter>
    <Name>Username</Name>
    <Value>root</Value>
  </Parameter>
  <Parameter>
    <Name>Password</Name>
    <Value />
  </Parameter>
  <Parameter>
    <Name>Service</Name>
    <Value>127.0.0.1:3306</Value>
  </Parameter>
  <Parameter>
    <Name>DataStore</Name>
    <Value>test</Value>
  </Parameter>
</FeatureSource>

3) In a newly created layer we set this as data source, but it does not show
schema?

What are we missing? Which document should we look at? Many thanks in
advance.

thanks
rajeev

Rajeev K. Singh