[OSGeo-Discuss] Using GPL for geospatial software in a commercial application.

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 01:23:34 PDT 2009

Hi Landon.
If understand correctly you use AutoLISP to produce interpreted helper
scripts, so you don't create binary libraries to be statically (in this case
GPL is an issue) or dynamically (there are various interpretations in this
case) linked, am I right?
AFAIK you can keep your code GPL until the programs that use it don't link
it in their binaries. If they use it like a "service" and don't incorporate
your code in their one, the two licences can be considered decoupled.

giovanni