[OSGeo-Discuss] Webcasts of OSGIS 2009

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jul 17 01:47:36 PDT 2009

Yeah, I investigated a littlebit futher with firebug yesterday. :-)

The Problem is this function 'mediaCreate' in media.js.
It first checks this:

function mediaPlayerIsWindowsMedia()
10{
11 if(platformIsWindows() && browserIsIE())
12 return true;
13 if(platformIsWindows() && browserIsFireFox())
14 return true;
15 return false;
16}

else it goes for Mac environment and stes "video/quicktime".
So, it just checks if the user is on an Windows environment or on a Mac.
If not, it prints the error message.
But firefox normaly can handle the "application/x-ms-wmp" with the
Windows-Media_plugIn for example.
Solution would be to not print the error-message, but instead set as
default to "application/x-ms-wmp". So it would work at least under
Firefox in Linux environments.

regars,
Christian