[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G2009 to reach those who cannot attend

Alex Borrell borrellalex at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 07:42:18 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Massimo Di Stefano <massimodisasha at yahoo.it
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm  working on a live dvd project based on GIS software,
> i'm avaiable for any help on the dvd creation.
> let me know.
>
> ciao,
>
> Massimo.
>
> Il giorno 31/lug/09, alle ore 11:11, Cameron Shorter ha scritto:
>

>  Hi Ravi,
>> Yes, you are so right, we do need to collect as much of the material from
>> the FOSS4G conference as we can.
>>
>> One way we hope to facilitate this has been to give every attendee a
>> LiveDVD which can be populated with all the material from the workshops.
>> This means that if workshop presenters can get their data onto the DVD, then
>> they know all attendees will receive it.
>>
>> So we have budget for the LiveDVD. We have an old version of the LiveDVD
>> (based on FOSS4G 2008). What we need to continue through to completion is to
>> have someone who will coordinate the compiling of the DVD.  This is
>> primarily a project management role, keeping track of what is on the DVD and
>> what should be on it, contacting workshop authors, and project leads and
>> helping them get their projects onto the DVD etc.
>>
>> Sound like you? It would be an incredibly valuable contribution to FOSS4G
>> and the greater OSGeo community at large.
>>
>> Jody Garnett wrote:
>>
>>> These are all kind thoughts. Would you consider volunteering to help
>>> put together the conference live DVD? You can see an example from
>>> FOSS4G2008 etc...
>>>
>>> Jody
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:20 AM, <ravivundavalli at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi All,

>> --
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Geospatial Systems Architect
>> Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
>> Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
>>
>> Think Globally, Fix Locally
>> Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
>> http://www.lisasoft.com

I think Massimo is right, there are lots of people who can not attend
FOSSG4, but would like to learn
through Internet the workshops and conferences. As it is a fast growing
field, the sooner the better. Please,
if there is a way to help this happen, let me know!

I am from Mexico, so if there is some need for spanish translation, or any
other work I'll be glad to help.

Alex Borrell