[OSGeo-Discuss] opensource GIS case studies

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Tue Jun 2 19:32:59 PDT 2009

Hi all,

We're preparing a roundtable discussion on the topic of Opensource GIS
to  take place on rather big GIS event in Russia in about a week and I
looking   for  some  information  that  can  attract  more  users  and
developers  to  geospatial  opensource.  The  audience  will be rather
diverse,  governmental officials, business, researchers. My goal is to
make  a  stronger  point on the benefits of opensource GIS software by
including  some  numbers  or  case  studies  clearly illustrating such
benefits.

I have plenty of info on what software is there and how it can be
used, but not much on the monetary side.

I will be helpful for any hints, links etc that can provide
examples of the actual use of osgis software especially by businesses
and governments, comparisons, benefits or may be problems. I studied
OSGeo case studies wiki already and was wondering if there are some
classics I've missed.

I'd be also grateful for any suggestion from the people who may be already
coordinated or participated in such discussion. Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
 Maxim
 jabber: sim at gis-lab.info