[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal: Microdonations for OSGeo

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 13 07:25:51 PDT 2009

On 12-Mar-09, at 11:27 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> I would like to bring up the idea of accepting microdonations
> as general donations to OSGeo:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Microdonations
>
> Given the success of OSM, Wikipedia and others in that area of
> fund-rising I don't see a reason why OSGeo does not accept
> small donations from community members and likeminded people
> to keep OSGeo running.

I was looking more at this idea this week and I just realised that we
do already accept these donations. We do have the PayPal donation
button on the website front page (top right corner).  Was there more
you think we need to be doing?  Anyone can donate through that
already, are you suggesting a change to that?