[OSGeo-Discuss] GIS_Libraries

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue May 5 11:59:57 EDT 2009

On 5-May-09, at 6:07 AM, Nenad Milasinovic wrote:

> I am interested is there any reliable open source, LGPL licensed
> GIS SDK or library suited for building commercial, platform
> independent GIS application on top of it.
> I am also interested for commercial solutions but only as SDK or
> library.
> I will appreciate any help.

All OSGeo applications are open source licensed and can be built on
top of on most operating systems.  On http://osgeo.org there is a
list of projects that are under the OSGeo umbrella, some are
specifically libraries for processing or data conversion, whereas
others are application frameworks or desktop/web applications you can
customise.

Do you have something specific you are looking to create?

Tyler