[OSGeo-Discuss] New to the list & A question

Andy Kannberg andy.kannberg at gmail.com
Mon May 18 06:37:21 EDT 2009

Hello Chris,

Sorry it took me so long to reply.
ArcSDE isn't currently used. So actually, this isn't an issue. They've
chosen for ArcSDE support to be able to support the SDE type of data
if there was need to. However, they actually can access the data
directly via Oracle, without the need
for the SDE layer. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I got this info from the
app-guy who uses the application)

>From the answer I got from Tyler Mitchell, I understand that I could
also use GDAL/OGR for SDE support. Guess I am suggesting that to the
app-guy, and he van figure out the gory details :-)

cheers,
Andy