[OSGeo-Discuss] Comparision between MapServer/OpenLayers andESRI ArcIMS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 30 14:40:22 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 7:54 PM,  <samper.d at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eventualy some can point out that ESRI ships open source libraries and
> tools. Then you ask the decision makers why you can't use other
> open source software if ESRI ships it already.

Right - see for example Frank W's recent posting:

[gdal-dev] 1.6-esri to Trunk Merge
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2009-May/020769.html
"...
 I have created a personal branch of GDAL 1.6 in /sandbox/warmerdam/1.6-esri
 which includes a large variety of ESRI local changes and that I plan to back
 port various 1.7 features needed by ESRI for an upcoming release.
"

Cheers
Markus