[OSGeo-Discuss] Custom GIS App

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 19:19:50 PDT 2009

Hi,
"What I have seen OSGeo to offer is the capability to
zoom into an area and........."
1. Pl visit OSGeo website to understand how we function, and the plethora of software supported by OSGeo.

"choose between the different area infrastructures like
railways, roads etc
but I'm not quite sure how to pass parameters like
a suburb name, street
name to an OSGeo application."
2. This is achieved by many a Open GIS Ex: GRASS, OpenJUMP etc..
3. If you are using Microsoft Operating System (XP, Vista), I suggest for a quick learning curve, try OpenJUMP which you can download from Openjump.org.

Cheers
Ravi Kumar