[OSGeo-Discuss] Comparision between MapServer/OpenLayers and ESRI ArcIMS

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:52:06 PDT 2009

John,
Your information here is fantastic, and I'd love to see it worked into a
case study. This is the sort of information that Government departments
ask for all the time.

"This Open Source stuff sounds great, but who else has used it? Are
there any case studies that we can look over?"

If you created a good case study talking about how you helped a high
profile client move from ESRI Arc GIS server to Open Source, it would
likely become one of the most widely referenced documents in OSGeo
marketing.

If you do write a case study, make sure it is linked from this web page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Case_Studies

We are also looking to see a presentation or two like this at the FOSS4G
conference this year. This could potentially be done by a couple of
people talking about more than one case. (Presentations are due in one
week, on 8 June.) http://2009.foss4g.org