[OSGeo-Discuss] WMS Performance Shootout at FOSS4G 2009

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Oct 9 11:50:49 EDT 2009

Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> The reason i asked about the stability of the WMS links in the wiki, was
> I was thinking about setting up a GeoMoose interface for the WMS calls
> for each layer, combining that with Firebug would give some good real
> (world network speed) information metrics for users, either during
> and/or after the compitition, BTW, how much/many of the services will
> stay inplace after the fact?  Might be useful during the thing as well.
>
> bobb

Bob,

I'm glad you responded.  What I forgot to mention is that as we perform
tests, we shut down the other mapping servers (right now I believe Arc
Server is being tweaked so Apache/MapServer and GeoServer are down).
Also, if you start using those links for your own tests then our numbers
will be off (if you hit MapServer while we benchmark, then GeoServer and
ArcServer numbers will not be comparable).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services