[OSGeo-Discuss] Next 5 years for OSGeo

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Oct 2 08:18:41 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Ian Turton <ijturton at gmail.com> wrote:

> So *I* think that universities are a lost cause and we should focus on
> high schools

Forget the great unwashed, think about providing useful materials
online to people who actually *want* to learn about the tools.
http://workshops.opengeo.org/ is the starting point we're using
corporately, at least salvaging the teaching effort we're expending at
conferences. Hats off to all teachers though -- preparing course
materials is a labor intensive grind, and like code the materials
require constant maintenance when you're teaching something as dynamic
as IT.