[OSGeo-Discuss] Remote routing solutions

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Oct 6 15:52:46 PDT 2009

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>>> Because good data is expensive and licensed, in most cases by
>>> transactions, it is not likely that you will find services
>>> equivalent to Google that are free.
>>
>> I'm am an incurable dreamer but that incurable to aim to beat
>> Google :-)

Of course, I meant I'm NOT that incurable to compete with Google.

>> Best regards,
>
> Mateusz,
>
> Seems like you have a bunch of good options in front of you. If you
> are so inclined to code something new, I would be interested in
> discussing your ideas and combining resources with OpenGraphRouter.

At this moment I'm interested in finding what is available and what is not.
I don't plan to get into serious coding now, but I leave this option
open for the moment when I'm up to get it done.

> Our GSoC student is interested in continuing work on the project, but
> he nuked his laptop and is waiting for a replacement. He is also in
> Bangladesh so TZs can be a challenge for us at times, but we have
> been making it work so far.

I'll probably get in touch in near future.

Thanks!

Best regards,