[OSGeo-Discuss] WMS Performance Shootout at FOSS4G 2009

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Oct 9 08:20:13 PDT 2009

Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a list of the tests administered?   I would be interested in
> the rendering speed of differently sized images and where the sweet spot
> is for a particular engine in size vs rendering speed.  I did find the
> description of source data.  Also any thing related to reprojection of
> rasters on the fly?
>
> Are the Live Benchmarks links going to be the same for the duration of
> the competition?

Hi Bob,

(lots of responses already!)

I'll add that yes the benchmark test URLs (showing a map image from each
type of mapping server from the same data) listed on the benchmarking
wiki[1] will be active for the duration of the exercise.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2009

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna