[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Labs invitation

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:31:06 PDT 2009

Steve, a lurker here, but an enthusiast of 'web stuff': The 'excitement'
over solving persistent and annoying problems draws us, I believe, on seeing
that it's the most direct solution to the problem of distributing software
to users, esp during the early stages when the stability ain't what you'd
like it to be.

Web stuff simply has no issue of distribution; you apply your updates at
your own pace, not bound by the mechanics of distributing the client
software.  This responsiveness builds relationships with yr users as a
direct result, since there's no burden on users to get at the latest
offerings.  Psychologically, it eases the burden on developers when the cost
of correcting an error is so low.

I can tell you that when some fans of conventional desktop applications that
I'd known first began to see how the distribution problem was simply
by-passed when they joined the ranks of web application developers that they
became true believers.

The excitement has a solid basis, I believe.  Can join us?

AS