[OSGeo-Discuss] The Best API for accessing map/geospatial server

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 19:10:20 PDT 2009

> i want to reverse,
>
> which one of those map servers in the world have fully certified by
> OGC for WMS implementation, so we know, all our apps that connect to
> those geospatial server no need modification

Certification costs money :-)  You also mentioned WMS again - and for
your use case you need Web Feature Server.

GeoServer is certified; MapServer works very well but had not been
certified (perhaps OSGeo can arrange payment to be waived?).

> i can change mapguide to mapserver to geoserver and vice versa
> any idea all?

I have worked well with MapGuide, MapServer and GeoServer (and deegree
which you did not mention). You are encouraged to ask other users for
their experience. I alway have trouble with MapServer WFS; due to
configuration - not due to the application.

Regards,
Jody