[OSGeo-Discuss] Thoughts on standing down from the Board of OSGeo

Ravi ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 03:10:05 PDT 2009

Hi,
1. 'Wave of adopters into advocates and supporters'

Indeed OSGeo converted 'Reluctant users', to 'adopters'
Adopters to active advocates and supporters.

2. 'There is more work to be done for documentation and packaging than there is for code, now. There is a lot to be done in education, convincing people that free software is fine for coursework, that skills transfer'.

Very convincing indeed. There is a welcome deluge of FOSS GIS software and it's evolution. Unless it is kept in pace with Education and very-regional case studies, it is like climbing an escalator coming down faster.

In OSGeo India the maxim 'We can only take the horse to the pond'.. is modified with the addition.. 'We have to make it drink too'.

Ravi Kumar