[OSGeo-Discuss] Nominating Geoff Zeiss

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 21 13:43:57 PDT 2009

I nominate Geoff Zeiss for the OSGeo Board of Directors.  Geoff doesn't
need much of an introduction, being so active on the international
conference speaking circuit.  He has been a keen promoter of OSGeo from
the beginning, in particular through spreading our message during his
presentations but even more through helping building connections between
OSGeo and others he knows.

Geoff has more than 15 years experience developing enterprise geospatial
solutions for the utilities, communications, and public works
industries. His particular interests include streamlining the
infrastructure management workflow at utilities, telecommunications
firms and local government, open source geospatial and Web 2.0 and its
impact on infrastructure management, and converged BIM/CAD/GIS/3D
solutions.

Geoff's work experience gives him a strong understanding of management
teams and technical aspects of software development by being a chief
technology visionary for several companies.  His birds-eye view of the
larger IT and geospatial landscape is very well informed and respected.
His support and encouragement of OSGeo has already been very helpful in
several ways, including helping raise sponsorship.  As a board member he
would bring considerable experience, enthusiasm and a strategic
perspective that could help in the years to come.