[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Election: Geoff Zeiss

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Sep 22 11:00:14 PDT 2009

I received this from Geoff Zeiss:

--

Objectives

My background is technical.  For 20 years I did or was responsible for
software engineering at several companies. Last year I spoke at over
35 events and at most of these events I had an opportunity to talk
about and evangelize OSGEO and open source geospatial.

My key objective is to evangelize OSGEO worldwide, specifically into
vertical sectors where there are opportunities for which open source
geospatial is appropriate and where the benefits of open source
geospatial have not been recognized to the extent that the traditional
GIS or geospatial space has, where OSGEO and open source geospatial
are already very well recognized.