[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Election: Wolf Bergenheim

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Sep 22 12:10:05 PDT 2009

My involvement with OSGeo started with GRASS GIS, which I ran into
while searching for an alternative for ARC GIS when I needed to be
able to use a GIS on Linux. Since that day I was hooked. After GRASS
joined OSGeo I've been involved with the Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
program and a member of the SAC and WebCom committees. I was a mentor
for GRASS in 2007 and represented  OSGeo at the GsoC Mentor summit.
The following year I was elected to be the Administrator for GSoC.
This year I was also the Administrator.

I hope to be able to improve the OSGeo GSoC program so it will run
even more smoothly in the future. I especially would like to improve
on both mentor-student-project interaction and student-student
interaction. This goes along my hopes of improving interaction and
communication between all the OSGeo projects. I would also like to
extend the GSoC program to work along with our other education
programs, as I see it has many similar goals.

In addition to that I hope to help out in promoting OSGeo and GRASS
GIS in education and the industry (wherever I can). I also hope to
help build and improve the OSGeo website more in the direction that
would allow it to bring in people to open source geospatial software.

--Wolf

--
<8  )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----(  3>