[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Election: Andrew Ross

Andrew Ross grof at rogers.com
Fri Sep 25 18:25:19 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have been travelling and this was the first opportunity to send this note.

I am deeply honoured to be considered for an OSGeo board position. The other
nominees are people I greatly respect and if I am worthy enough to be
elected, I look forward to working with.

My offering is a good sense and demonstrated track record for pragmatic
balance of Industry, community, academia, and government interests. I
continue to be excited by opportunities for collaboration between these four
pillars. This is both a principle and practice in my life - where I work for
an open source company, teach with open source software at a University, and
contribute heavily to the open source community.

The education piece is one that I am especially passionate about. As evident
in my work with a number of Universities, companies, non-profits, and
concerned citizens around the world resulting in significant amount of
excellent educational content made available freely from http://fosslc.org,
it is possible to be successful in this area.

Thank you in advance if I am worthy of your vote.

--
Andrew