[OSGeo-Discuss] what about wms-sites.com ?

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Sep 28 12:57:16 PDT 2009

Hey-

pere roca ristol wrote:
>   hi all,
>   there was a nice site (wms-sites.com <http://wms-sites.com>) that I
> enjoyed very much because you could do thematic searches of avaible WMS,
> getting back a RSS feed that can be parsed and so on.
>   the site has disappeared and I wonder if someone knows something or
> similar sites... I just know the list below, but they don't provide RSS.

I put wms-sites.com together a few years ago.  It was running on a
pretty outdated setup, and the hosting company I used went out of
business, so I let it come to an end.

I've started on an updated replacement.  I kept all the catalog entries
and will populate the new service with these when I get it running.

I'll also take a look at http://ows-search-engine.appspot.com/ (I'm not
getting any response right now).  My current work is also an appengine
solution - so perhaps there is room for collaboration.

I'll post here when I have something interesting to look at.

Tim

>   thanks,
>   Pere
>
> Explore our planet: http://exploreourpla.net/gis/maps/