[OSGeo-Discuss] What GeoSpatial Open Source Software do Surveyors use?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 13:00:57 PDT 2010

Thanks Chris, it would count if Total Open Station was more stable
(reported as alpha software on the website).

I'm wanting to convince Open Source skeptics that there is robust Open
Source Software available for surveyors which they can use right now.

Eg, here is a list of tasks that surveyors regularly perform:

Task 1:
* XXX organisation (ideally big name organisation), uses YYY OS software
to achieve task.

Task 2: