[OSGeo-Discuss] open source desktop shootout

Percy percyd at pdx.edu
Mon Apr 5 12:53:13 PDT 2010

Thanks guys, I was wrong, of course!

the discussion I was remembering was from the december codesprint:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Code_Sprint#The_desktop_comparison_tasks_list

sorry for the extra noise!
Percy

------------------------------ Message: 2 Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010
10:30:04 -0400 From: Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] open source desktop shootout To: OSGeo
Discussions <discuss at lists.osgeo.org> Message-ID:
<4BB9F3EC.6070303 at mapgears.com> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed percy wrote:

 > > I specifically remember it being related to the Quebec FOSS4G-NA...
 > >
 > > Can anyone else help me with this?

The Quebec FOSS4G-NA (Feb/March 2011) is still at the early planning
stage, and I don't remember reading anything related to a Desktop shootout.

Daniel

P.S. Talking of the Quebec Chapter, the organization of our June 2010
event ("Rendez-vous OSGeo Quebec 2010") is well underway. For those
interested, a summary is available in English at
http://rendez-vous-osgeo-qc.org/2010/en/

-- Daniel Morissette http://www.mapgears.com/
--
David Percy