[OSGeo-Discuss] open source desktop shootout

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:50:20 PDT 2010

Percy,
To start the ball rolling, I've created a wiki page for a desktop
comparison here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GIS_Desktop_Comparison

I suggest that for your conference in two weeks, we focus on the more
achievable, and less politically charged goal of providing a project
feature comparison, which hopefully should simple be an updating of
Stefan's table from 2008:

http://www.spatialserver.net/osgis/

Stefan,
As this comparison project was your baby, I'm interested to hear your
throughts.
I suspect that it would be beneficial to provide this table (possibly
simplified) as a Google Doc Spreadsheet, publicly available, and invite
projects to update the status of their projects.